Don't miss the latest stories
Man’s AirPods Allegedly Begin Smoking In His Ear Before Blowing Apart
By Izza Sofia, 09 Feb 2018
Jason Colon from Florida was listening to his AirPods at the gym when they started to malfunction. Soon after, the accessory allegedly started to produce smoke.
According to Colon, he had placed the AirPods on a piece of gym equipment and walked away. When he returned, one of the AirPods was completely destroyed.
“I didn’t see it happen, but I mean, it was already fried. You can see flame damage,” Colon told WFLA, showing a photo of the disintegrated headphone.
“I don’t know what would’ve happened to my ear, but I’m sure, since it hangs down, it could’ve been [my] ear lobe. Ear lobe could’ve been burnt,” he added.
There have been no prior reports of issues with AirPods, but in a previous case, a man in China had decided to test a smartphone battery by biting it, which caused it to explode.
[via CNET, opening image via Apple]
More related news
Also check out these recent news